Installation of Dr. Souleymane OUEDRAOGO, Director General of the Regional Center AGRHYMET.
The handover ceremony took place on Thursday, March 1, 2018 in the conference room of the ARC. It was chaired by HEM Albadé ABOUBA, Minister of State, Minister of Agriculture and Livestock of Niger, sponsor of the handover ceremony. Mr. Mohamed Makyou Coulibaly, representative of the Minister of Agriculture of Mali, outgoing Coordinating Minister of CILSS, Dr. Djimé Adoum, SE CILSS, Mr. Samba Ly Souleymane, outgoing Interim Administrator of CRA, Dr. Souleymane Ouédraogo, incoming Director General, Mr. Jorge Oliveira, representative of the PTs, and the President of CILSS were present. Jorge Oliveira, representative of the PTFs, members of the CILSS Governing Board, eminent personalities from regional and international organizations, a strong delegation from Burkina Faso, CRA staff and students.
The AGRHYMET Regional Centre is headed by a Director General. He is responsible for :
- Effectively lead the implementation of the institution’s strategic plan and the implementation of funding in conjunction with the Executive Secretariat;
- Ensure the proper application of CILSS policies and procedures;
- Develop the image and ensure the influence of the Center at the regional and international levels;
- Be accountable for the efficient and effective execution of the Center’s operations;
- Promote exchanges of experience and formalize partnerships with all African or international organizations with objectives similar to those of CILSS and the AGRHYMET Regional Centre;
- To ensure the regular holding of internal consultative bodies;
- To effectively manage the technical, scientific, administrative, financial and accounting services of the Centre with the support of the persons in charge appointed to head these services;
- Order the Center’s expenditures and ensure the budgetary and accounting follow-up of the different funding;
- Implement the performance management system, both in terms of personnel and the quality of the work carried out and the use of resources;
- Implement the decisions of the CILSS bodies.